Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Procrastination Song

Procrastination Song:

Oh, I am just three women,
dancer, painter, mathematician
and the music that I move to
now I know is played by you.

Will you be my knight in armor,
or are you mired in the muck?
I'm so sorry mister, mister,
but I cannot lift you up.

For you know I'm just two women,
both a lady and a tramp.
I will bat my lashes sweetly,
and then mark you with my stamp.

No I cannot bend to greet you,
lift you up and bring me down,
but I'll kneel in the mud beside you;
roll around, roll around.

Now I am just one woman,
raven-haired, toes in the sea,
and when I first felt those cold waters,
I knew that they flowed for me.

I will kiss your muddied lashes
while we're wading in the muck,
'til you gather all your courage;

lift us up, lift us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment